- This event has passed.
Introduction to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
November 6 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
‘The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), otherwise known as the Global Goals, are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.’
– United Nations Development Programme
193 countries have signed up to the SDGs but real progress towards these important, ambitious goals must begin with individuals, coming together within their communities with passion and purpose.
2030hub was the first UN Local2030 Hub in the world and we are based here in Liverpool (www.local2030.org).
‘Sustainable businesses models could unlock $12 trillion and increase employment by 380 million by 2030’ – Business and Sustainable Development Commission.
Sign up to our two hour Introduction to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, what they mean for Liverpool and the City Region, and the latest thinking on innovative business models fit for the future.
We will explore…
- Identify which SDGs are most strategically aligned to competencies and commercial priorities
- Understand the SDGs within your local and wider markets context
- Identify goals & KPIs to priority SDG targets
- Explore partnerships aligned to SDGs
- Map existing activity to SDGs and explore new initiatives
- Identify targeted commitments
- How to effectively communicate your position and impact
- Overview of SDG tools and innovative business models
Sign up quick as places are limited for this workshop.
This paid workshop also offers free rest of day access to a hotdesk (including refreshments) at the 2030hub.